16 June 2011

Eve

It probably seems like I'm churning 'em out now after my long silence. I find that if I do anything I often do a lot of it, and I've been doing a lot of painting recently. This one took me just a few days. I learned a few things about faces doing this and want another shot at painting skin soon. Stay tuned for that.

I am also kind of fascinated with the Bible figure Eve right now. There might be more pictures of her in the future.

Also, for some reason, whenever I've pictured Eve, it's always been a dark haired gal that shows up in my mind. Don't know why that is or if others think of her the same way, but the idea came to me to paint a ginger complected Eve. The idea seemed almost sacrilegious when I first thought of it and I'm really not sure why. In any case, I decided that I could paint her any way I wanted, given that she didn't leave behind any Poloroids of her actual face.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Love your interpretation! I love her innocence, expression, and highlights in her hair.